miércoles, 15 de agosto de 2012

THE DRAG WITH NO NAME

THE DRAG WITH NO NAME
MANY people ask the question - WHY DRAG?!?!
I’m sure it is a question that EVERY drag artiste encounters numerous times each year and to be honest I don’t have an answer! I just count myself extremely lucky to be able to have the opportunity to perform. It matters not whether it is a small pub or a grand event on a big stage, i cherish each moment I have to be given the chance to entertain others. 

IT ALL STARTED In June 2001. after 4 years of managing Legends bar, situated on Brighton's seafront,, I decided it was time for a change. I had seen MANY performers grace the stage of Legends and wanted to be part of it all myself - and the Drag With No Name was born!
My very first show was at The Queens Arms in Brighton ( STILL A FIRM FAVOURITE OF MINE ) and then quickly expanded out to London, Portsmouth,Birmingham, Wales and many other locations throughout the UK.
After 2 years touring the country and building a name for myself I decided a change was needed once again , and so a journey of discovery began in the sunnier climates of Gran Canaria.  For almost 2 years I worked solidly nearly every night,  with my madcap antics.
But you can always have too much of a good thing and in January 2004 a return to good old blighty was in order.
 ( ALTHOUGH FREQUENT VISITS ARE STILL MADE TO GRAN CAN TO CATCH UP ON ALL THE MEN THAT GOT AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE! )

And now 7 years after returning, I haven’t looked back!
I had a wonderful experience in Gran Canaria, and it will always remain my second home and dear to me, but there was very little in the way of inspiration over there in order for me to develop my show. Which is exactly what I have been doing since returning to the U.K.
The pressure to invent new characters and ideas can be quite intense at times - but this is also what spurs me on.
If I don’t keep inventing fresh ideas then not only does the audience get bored but I do too!

What would I do if I wasn’t a Drag Queen? 

Doesn’t bare thinking about.........



"The DWNN is a jam-packed, fast-paced rollercoaster of a Show" - QX Magazine 
"We've really warmed to the DWNN over the past few months, Scott's fabulous vocal impressions, zany sense of humour and general madcap behaviour wins over every crowd" - QX Magazine 
"Probably one of the best and most creative acts on the circuit well done Scott your a pleasure to watch!" - Jason Wood (a.k.a.Cher Travesty)
"Not just probably. Definatly the best out there. Amazing vocals, hillerious comedy and fantastic costumes. Scott your a true entertainer."- Matt, Boston Clipper, Northampton
"Drag with No Name gave his all in his hilarious routine." - RealBrighton Phil Starr Tribute Show Januay 2006

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario